Do you remember the professor who helped you believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful professional you are today? Today, you have the unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the "a-ha" moment of sudden inspiration, insight, and comprehension that will change a student's life forever.
Keller Graduate School in Irving, TX seeks to welcome new Part Time Visiting Professors to our rapidly expanding degree programs to instruct graduate courses in Statistics. We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior faculty who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education.
In this role, you will:
• Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching graduate students in a variety of degree programs with a blended-learning format (campus/online)
• Implement and embrace our philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
• Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
• Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
• Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
• Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation using a variety of platforms and technology
• Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
• A Doctorate in Statistics or closely related field with 18+ earned graduate credit hours in directly relevant coursework is required
• Prior higher education teaching experience is preferred
• Solid subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
• Excellent motivational and instructional skills to be effective in a non-traditional environment
• Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.