This position is based in downtown Chicago.
The position provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature for the lawyers in the law department. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts. Must be comfortable supporting a team of individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide general administrative support to the team of attorneys in the Adtalem Law Department.
- Identify and implement legal office operational efficiencies via use of technology.
- Prepare professional reports, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with knowledge and matter management across the department
- Makes travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering for the attorneys supported.
- Utilize good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate records and files; develops and maintains filing systems to include electronic and hard copy and network systems; ensures filings are in proper format and filed in a timely manner; supplies information upon request.
- Provide administrative support for the member of the legal team.
- Offer support and assistance to other departments and employees as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Serve as the face of the Law Department to the enterprise.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the attorneys supported.
- Bachelors Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
- 5 years executive assistant experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.