The position supports multiple leaders in External Relations & Regulatory Affairs (2 – VP, 1 – Director & 1 – Sr. Mgr) and provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Anticipate the needs and use discretion when setting priorities to keep the leader updated and aware of meetings, agendas, travel, upcoming events, incoming emails and letters, situations relating to the administrative office, campuses, employees and visitors.
- Manages the leader’s calendar and contact database to schedule meetings, make travel arrangements (airline, car service, rental car, hotel, etc.), order office supplies/equipment, prepare expense statements, reserve and prepare facilities and catering.
- Track department expenses against budget and inform leader of budget status
- Act as a liaison between the leader and employees, clients and all external contacts, by utilizing good judgment in determining when to act independently and when to refer matters for further attention.
- Handle a wide variety of complex situations and time conflicts involving the business/administrative functions of the office and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material on a regular basis.
- Prepare high level documentation and advanced correspondence.
- Maintains accurate records and files; develops and maintains filing systems to include electronic and hard copy; ensures filings are in proper format and filed in a timely manner; supplies information upon request.
- Offer support and assistance to other departments and employees as needed for special projects and/or events.
- Bachelors Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years executive assistant experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills. Collaborative communicator.
- Experience with department budget management
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.