Adtalem is a leading global provider of workforce solutions and educational services. The purpose of Adtalem is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem’s institutions and companies offer a wide array of programs across medical and healthcare, financial services and business and law.
Adtalem’s vision is to create a dynamic global community of life-long learners who improve the world. Adtalem aims to create value for society and its stakeholders by offering responsive educational programs that are supported by exceptional services to its students, delivered with integrity and accountability. Towards this vision, Adtalem is proud to play a vital role in expanding access to higher education along with other institutions in the public, independent and private sectors.
The Vice President, Head of Information Technology, Medical and Healthcare will focus on driving top-line growth, a culture of innovation and operational optimization in Adtalem’s largest business segment. This leader will report to the Adtalem Global CIO and will also be a member of the leadership team for the President of the Medical and Healthcare (MH) segment. As a member of both IT and MH executive teams, this VP will advise both leadership teams on matters of information technology strategy, performance, innovation, security and investment.
The Medical and Healthcare segment is made up of the following educational institutions:
▪ Chamberlain University
▪ Ross University School of Medicine
▪ American University of Caribbean School of Medicine
▪ Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
▪ Medical Education Readiness Program
This role will lead a team of 90 IT professionals across the US and Caribbean who are responsible for delivering digital initiatives and operational services. Teams include academic technologies, application development/support, campus support, and project management office.
While this role is focused on the MH segment, the incumbent will also work to export and import, best practices to and from the other segments, thereby ensuring high performance within the segment and across the organization.
The Vice President, Information Technology, Medical and Healthcare oversees long-term strategic technology planning and implementation based upon the needs of the business segment. To accomplish these goals, the VP will prioritize, execute and reconcile deliverables of major IT projects. S/he will advise Medical and Healthcare leadership on matters of information technology, security and investments.
The Vice President will be a leader who:
▪ Partners with executives to successfully implement business and technology strategies.
▪ Leads digital transformation and implements innovative solutions to business-critical problems.
▪ Enhances business products and services by leveraging a wide range of technologies such as academic technologies, learning platforms, marketing automation, mobile applications, data analytics, social media, etc.
▪ Drives growth by working with key executives, influencing stakeholders, and leveraging IT shared services to create sustainable business revenue and operating income growth.
▪ Integrates processes and systems to ensure medical and healthcare educational offerings continue to offer world class user experiences.
▪ Builds diverse, talented and productive teams by using job rotations, stretch assignments, coaching/mentoring and formal education as appropriate. Ensure solid succession plans.
▪ Strengthens the culture of service by aligning goals, developing skills and relentlessly pursuing customer satisfaction.
▪ Stays current in key technologies and trends and products, identifies opportunities for new initiatives and integration of innovative technologies into the curriculum.
▪ Collaborates with stakeholders to solve customer problems and drives for results with speed, energy and a focus on outcomes including strategic negotiations with vendors.
▪ Represents IT with the academic institutions’ Boards of Trustees and represent our institutions in external, strategic vendor relationships, conferences and seminars.
For the role of Vice President, Information Technology – Medical and Healthcare, the Organization seeks an outstanding individual with strategic vision, technical acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, strong capabilities in relationship creation and development, as well as superior communication and interpersonal skills.
The Vice President, Information Technology – MH will be preferred to have:
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.