Partners with Supply Management to manage contract fulfillment:
- Ensure all invoices are aligned with contract pricing structures, accounting for special exceptions & reviewing vendor payment errors
Internal Client Support:
- Provide Online & Campus faculty with necessary teaching materials and related support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve course materials issues for certain institutions.
- Coordinate with University Academics with course development & updates; research new editions of textbooks & alternate text recommendations; provide SMEs & other development personnel with updated materials and eBooks.
- Reporting & analysis for various project groups, committees, task forces, etc. for booklist support; reports on publisher usage, eBook conversions, eBook & POD implementation rates.
Auditing Internal & External Content Deliveries/Processes:
- Review of upcoming session course master details to ensure textbook/eBook details are correct and eBook/POD offerings are in place and ready for student use.
- Review of eBook & POD files to verify accuracy prior to student delivery.
- Review per-session booklist for out of date materials, books taken out of print, and lab materials with exceptional lead times for fabrication & delivery.
- Ongoing review of materials & processes for cost reduction opportunities (engineering equipment, lab kits, and non-eBooked textbooks).
Course materials database admin & acquisition:
- Make updates to the central database of all course materials (books, lab kits, electronic materials, etc.) for all partner institutions.
- Obtain new eBook & Print-on-Demand files from textbook publishers; back-end setup of new files with on-demand printer & e-reader platform.
- Coordinate w/internal teams to load new eBook/POD files in new/updated courses for student access.
Invoice & Billing Support:
- Generate enrollment recaps for publishers and courseware vendors. Apply individual contract terms to each recap (e.g., different pricing models, some publishers do not charge when a student uses the book he/she already owns, etc.).
- Processing incoming invoices for textbook publishers and vendors, ensuring they match the enrollment recaps sent to them. Resolve discrepancies with publishers, allocate charges to various academic partners, and ensure pricing and volume match publisher contracts.
- Process courseware invoices, such as for the Learning Management System, the eBook reader software, the printer of “print on demand” books. Ensure invoice pricing and terms match contract. Match invoice volume to actual volume, using Cognos reports, student order files, etc. Resolve discrepancies with vendors.
- Identify and propose areas for cost savings based on trends with course materials costs.
- Process other miscellaneous invoices. Research contracts to verify invoice accuracy, provide supporting documentation to justify expenses. (For example, special software for academic technology pilot programs, equipment purchased for faculty review, student electronics equipment, UPS student return shipping, some faculty desk copies of textbooks, electronics kits, etc.)
Online Bookstore Management:
- Prepare bimonthly booklists with updates to current and new course materials for sale on students’ online bookstore (Ambassador).
- Prepare and provide eBook costs and fees per course to student accounts team, IT, and bookstore vendor.
- Review and track bookstore inventory levels, large volume purchase orders of certain specialty items, coordinate between bookstore and electronics vendors for fabrication and delivery of long-lead time student lab materials.
- Review bookstore inventory and recommend order quantities to minimize backorders, yet also minimize excess inventory that the organization must pay for when it becomes dead stock.
- Assist bookstore with troubleshooting and process exceptions relating to textbooks, student purchases, and vendor purchasing.
- Serve as point of contact to bookstore for ATGE institutions.
- Completes other duties as assigned.