The Medical Education Review Program (MERP), an academic program that is located in Miramar, Florida invites applications for an Anatomy faculty position at rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor.
The role of MERP is to prepare students academically and professionally for a medical school career. Students who are successful in the MERP program are admitted to Ross University School of Medicine or America University of Caribbean. MERP is a division of the Medical and Healthcare Education, Adtalem Global Education.
The primary focus of the faculty is to teach, develop teaching materials, and improve curriculum. MERP has three semesters a year and admits a new class of students each semester. Consequently, lectures and other responsibilities take place three times a year. Effective teachers are sought, particularly individuals who are interested in teaching basic sciences and clinically related areas and preparing students for a medical career. The faculty member will also aid in improving medical education in the program and will have to show that they work well on a team. It is important to note that we are looking for dynamic, adaptive, flexible colleagues who are interested in teaching in a variety of ways, that are open to utilizing and embracing technology, interacting with students in small group learning formats and creating materials for teaching, which may include videos, digital workbooks, etc.
• Deliver effective, interactive lectures and workshops to premedical students
• Prepare course material (handouts, practice questions, etc.)
• Prepare, administer, evaluate, grade and report examination results
• The use of teaching methods consistent with contemporary teaching of medical subjects e.g. display of images, power point preparations, radiologic correlations, etc.
• Participate in academic programs and carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director including, but not limited to teaching and developing teaching programs within the framework of the program, participate in faculty meetings, work on assigned committees
• Faculty member agrees to contribute in additional academic responsibilities as requested and assigned by the Executive Director.
• Conduct Questions and Answer sessions, subject reviews, facilitate small group learning opportunities, and be regularly available to meet with individual students.
• Collaborate with MERP Academic Success faculty in supporting improved student learning
• Participate in on-going review and revision of curriculum, particularly with colleagues in other subjects
• Participate in relevant professional activities in order to improve both teaching and subject matter competence
• Participate in other activities as assigned by the Department Chair or Dean
• Ph.D. in anatomy or equivalent or M.D. required
• Extensive knowledge of gross anatomy. Preference will be given to candidates that have the ability to teach across the anatomical sciences (gross anatomy, histology, embryology, neuro)
• Ability to relate concepts to clinical scenarios
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Flexibility and ability to work well on a team
• Desire for self-improvement
• Prior teaching experience at a North American medical school preferred
• Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, materials and equipment used in postsecondary teaching/medical education preferred
• Documented record of teaching effectiveness desirable
• Educational technology skills, including use of e-learning management systems, audience response systems, online examinations, videoconferencing, etc.
• Ability to demonstrate use of active teaching methods preferred
• Ability to initiate, complete, and present results of medical education research projects desirable
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.