Adtalem Global Education seeks an energetic problem solver and leader for a Supervisor, Accounting position within our fast growing organization. This position is an ideal fit for the passionate accounting professional looking to build a successful career with our global, publicly traded company within the dynamic world of higher education. The primary purpose is to provide timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial condition and results of operations in accordance with GAAP and with the organization's accounting policies and procedures. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the company’s compliance with SOX requirements as they relate to financial information and reporting. The position supports the Controller in the periodic audit conducted by internal audit and certification audit performed by the organization and outside accountants.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements; investigation and reporting of variance analysis.
- Provide essential control functions (accounting and financial systems), including, but not limited to bank account reconciliations, general ledger account analyses, coordination of SOX compliance efforts including review of and updates to SOX matrices and managing user access to the Company’s Lawson accounting software and cash management link to JPMorgan Chase.
- Coordination of the periodic audits performed by Adtalem’s Internal Audit and certification audit by independent outside accountants. This includes the preparation, compilation and submission of all the required analyses and schedules, including explanation of significant changes between current and comparable prior period and discussion and resolution of any audit issues/concerns. Identify and highlight significant events that transpired during the audit period.
- Continuous review of staff assignments and work flows and processes within the department for maximum efficiency, productivity and staff development.
- Timely preparation of periodic personnel performance reviews and performance goals and developmental plans
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 5 years supervisory experience in financial reporting/general ledger area
- GAAP, Microsoft Excel/Word and experience with Lawson
- Conversant with GAAP, financial systems management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, work under sustained pressure and deliver very high quality output, strong interpersonal skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.