The Director of Regulatory Affairs is responsible for the compliant administration and general oversight of federal and non-federal financial assistance programs for all Title IV participating Adtalem institutions, including but not limited to Title IV, state grants, Veterans’ Affairs, Department of Defense, and WIA funding. Assures that all divisions comply with applicable federal, state and provincial laws and regulations in order to establish and maintain continuous operating and participation approvals. Drives proactive engagement with applicable regulatory and funding agencies to maintain productive working relationships.
• Lead a team of colleagues who oversee administration of all federal and non-federal financial assistance programs through indirect reporting relationships with institutional financial aid and shared operations leaders.
• Build and maintain an internal responsibility matrix for all federal and non-federal funding programs. Ensure an accountability structure is in place to support this effort.
• Promote active participation of student finance colleagues in ongoing professional development and continuing education programs.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Title IV regulatory requirements, including those applicable to both credit hour and clock hour programs, domestic and foreign institutions, and non-standard term programs.
• Serve as a consultative partner and advise on regulatory requirements on new program implementations or other initiatives.
• Oversee the completion of federal and state mandated financial aid reporting requirements such as the FISAP and oversight of the annual Title IV audit.
• Engage with regulators and funding agencies to effect regulations and guidance that are relevant to our students and institutions.
• Serve as a resource for the Government Relations team on legislative matters related to federal and non-federal funding.
• Serve as the organization’s primary point of contact for all matters related to the Department of Education, ensuring that all appropriate applications, registrations, certifications, listings, licenses and other federal documents are obtained and current (i.e. program participation agreements).
• Work with operations to enhance process compliance and robustness across institutions resulting in improved quality, compliance and financial performance.
• Serve as the subject matter expert on any corrective action plans related to a funding program.
• Develop and maintains relationships with public policy organizations influential with higher education regulation.
• Provide support in the due diligence compliance assessment activities for federal, state and provincial laws and regulations in merger and acquisition activity.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years experience working in the administration of Title IV programs
• Ability to effect change and manage policies and process through indirect reporting relationships in a large matrix organization
• Significant experience working with the US Department of Education and serving as a subject matter expert for internal/external audits
• History of serving in financial aid professional organizations preferred
• Experience with Student Information Systems (i.e. Banner, CampusView, ProSAM)
• Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate with and motivate others at all levels
• Desire and ability to learn quickly
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess potential for risk and opportunity and develop and implement solutions focused on accomplishing the organization’s goals
• Possesses strong work ethic and customer service orientation with an ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.