The position provides a wide range of administration, general support and analysis duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature for the legal department. The position will have regular exposure to confidential material and requires a great deal of professionalism, discretion and integrity in dealing with internal and external contacts.
• Provide general administrative support to the team of attorneys in the Adtalem Law Department
• Support shall include preparing correspondence, memos and reports; managing spreadsheets, and databases, Power Point Presentation preparation, Outlook, information and document management, and other administrative duties as may be requested by the attorneys.
• Self starter - ability and motivation to anticipate and act on department and client needs without direction.
• Serves as an ambassador for department, proactively seeking to address department and client needs as a thoughtful, engaged and caring partner
• Solutions oriented - ability and willingness to adapt, learning and implementing new skills, systems and practices, to meet department and organizational needs.
• Assists attorneys with travel plans and expense reimbursement requests
• Prepare reports as requested by attorneys
• Supports the operations group as needed.
• Provides assistance with document filing and other organizational tasks for the department
• Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
• Proactively Identifies administrative needs and develops appropriate solutions or recommendations to enhance law department efficiency.
• Answers inquiries, uses discretion handling difficult calls and routes calls to appropriate individual.
• Compile and prepare reports as needed
• Maintains calendar(s) for assigned attorneys
• Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors
• Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor Degree required but may substitute a combination of education and experience.
• 5 years executive assistant experience.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft applications; Meeting note taking.
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to maintain composure when working under pressure.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to use good judgment and discretion daily as well as when presented with confidential information.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com.